Though we are largely a network of volunteers, our volunteers rely on staff members to support their hard work. Here are the current job opportunities at CASA programs in Kansas:
CASA: Children Worth Saving, Dodge City
Train, support, supervise, and retain community volunteers as Court Appointed Special Advocates.
Management and coordination of case and volunteer records.
The Volunteer Coordinator is a full-time position for CASA-Children Worth Saving, Inc. serving the
16 th Judicial District, Clark Comanche, Ford Gray, Kiowa, and Meade Counties. Children Worth Saving
provides paid vacation, sick, and holiday time. A Simple IRA is offered to qualifying employees. Salary
and benefits are DOQ and within funding availability.
Background Checks & Screenings:
- The applicant is required to successfully pass the DCF Central Registry background check in
Kansas and equivalent agencies in other states where the applicant has lived in the last seven
- Applicants are also required to complete the Waiver Agreement and Statement, application for
Criminal History Record Inquiry (CHRI), and a Fingerprint Identification Records System
(FIRS) card and sign releases of information for the purpose of Child Abuse and Neglect Central
Registry Check and social security number verification; Motor Vehicle Record check release.
- Successful applicants must also pass required CASA screening requirements as laid out in Children
Worth Saving, Inc. policies.
- Applicants who refuse to sign the releases will not be considered for employment.
- Applicants who do not successfully pass required checks and screening are not eligible for employment.
- Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality
- 3+ years’ experience in supervising others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
- Minimum level of vehicle insurance as required by KS law
- Access to appropriate transportation to fulfill job duties
- Ability to travel as required to fulfill job duties
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in social service, management, or criminal justice area
- Experience supervising volunteers in a social service type setting
- Bi-lingual skills
Primary duties include:
- Screening and training of CASA volunteers
- Supervision, support, and retention of CASA volunteers
- Maintenance of electronic and physical case and volunteer records and documents in compliance
with KS Office of Judicial Administration, KS CASA Association, and National CASA/GAL
Association standards and guidelines.
- Acceptance, processing, and management of court cases with an Order Appointing CASA
completed in accordance with Children Worth Saving, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Assessment of CASA volunteer skills and abilities to achieve a strong volunteer/child match.
- Monitoring of cases on the program wait list.
- Collaboration across our service area to promote quality services and identify resources for child
abuse and neglect victims.
- Assist with recruitment, outreach, and awareness activities
- Assist with fundraising activities
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com subject Volunteer Coordinator
opening. The resume should include a minimum of three work related references. Applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
It is the policy of CASA-Children Worth Saving, Inc. to treat all employees, volunteers, and applicants for
employment or promotion without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or
handicap, except where they are a bonafide occupational disqualification.