Though we are largely a network of volunteers, our volunteers rely on staff members to support their hard work. Here are the current job opportunities at CASA programs in Kansas:
Kansas CASA Association (KCA) works to ensure that success of its member CASA agencies so that victims of child abuse and neglect in the court system have community Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers focused on their best interests. The Outreach Coordinator will facilitate strategies to increase awareness of CASA, support statewide volunteer recruitment efforts, and grow the donor base. This position is a part-time, 20 hours weekly position.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Outreach Coordinator will:
- Work directly with the state director to develop and implement a marketing strategy;
- Update website and execute web-based strategies to educate on the CASA role, encourage potential volunteer application, and grow the donor base;
- Develop recruitment materials to help strengthen capacity of the CASA network within Kansas and increase children served;
- Develop and implement a social media strategy to drive awareness and recruitment;
- Create and distribute a quarterly newsletter and identify other outreach strategies;
- Write content for website and social media;
- Assist in special projects aimed at developing skills of member CASA agencies.
Qualifications and Skills
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communications, or related field. Individuals must be able to travel from Emporia, KS to member agencies around the state. Occasional evening and weekend work required. Candidates must have capacity to work from home. Successful completion of comprehensive criminal and child welfare background screenings required.
Soft skills include ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities, excellent written and oral communication skills, discipline to work from home, ability to work independently under general supervision, and exceptional skills and experience working with technology.
Must include cover letter, resume and references. Portfolio requested. Deadline for submission is May 24th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.